[linux-elitists] MS Office for RH

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Mon Apr 2 11:22:07 PDT 2001

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 09:57:34PM -0800, Heather wrote:
> > And does anyone know
> > a good book on learning raw Postscript
>
> Why, PostScript Language Reference Manual, of course. I have
> the print version but it's available (in PDF, another irony) at
> http://www.adobe.com/products/postscript/pdfs/PLRM.pdf.
>
> I love how Adobe's link to Avoid Software Piracy on their front page
> is broken.

If I discover that PDFs aren't clean enough code to be read with ghostview
and xpdf-i I tell their owners that they're being stupid.  Unless it
looks like they have a good reason to be "encrypting their document so
it can't be edited" or to link massively into webstuff (ha! use an imagemap
dimwit)

Essentially if they are *actually* using the screamingly latest Adobe PDF
features, I tell 'em what dorks they are for chopping NT users off at the
knees, not to mention Mac and Linux'ers, because the Adobe gang doesn't
bother to complete their readers kit before selling the new distiller. I
actually had one copany re-distill their pages to fix that.  (So don't
tell me NT isn't good for *something* ;P )

* Heather * IX. For every vengeance there is an equal and opposite revengeance.
		-- Esquire, "O'Donnell's Laws of Cartoon Motion", June 1980