[linux-elitists] Your name could be CENSORED

Mike Touloumtzis miket@bluemug.com
Thu Sep 28 15:16:22 PDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 01:35:06PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:

> > But, (c) has no power as a copyright word.
>
> Correct in the USA and countries under the same regime.  Used to be
> required.  Still advised by IP lawyers, though.

... time passes ...

Some Latin American countries actually want the
c-in-a-circle (or so I heard from a lawyer recently) and
don't honor the word "copyright" (nor '(c)').  But most
people ignore them.

Another point is that people should add "All Rights
Reserved."  Not necessary in the US but good to have in
some other places.

miket