[linux-elitists] Your name could be CENSORED

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Sep 19 02:11:13 PDT 2000

Aaron Lehmann writes:

 > I really don't have a choice about where I can host these files. It's
 > a school assignment. For anything else I could and would use my own
 > web server.

I don't think the school has a copyright on that, so you can easily
put up several copies with full attributes at different
locations. Whoever runs into it, it will most likely be due to a
search engine hit, and you can juggle the ranking by backlinks.

If it's all that important, and not just a matter of principle.

If you think the school rules are really too stupid, you should decide
for yourself whether dropping out of school (and pissing off your
parents) is worth some superficious conformance. Just don't make it a
habit ;)