[linux-elitists] Your name could be CENSORED

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Mon Sep 18 15:29:08 PDT 2000

Hmmm

For a school assignment today I had to post an essay in HTML format to
a bit of webspace that my school provides me with. Since it was an
AbiWord file, all I had to do was ssh into my home computer and export
the document to HTML. I posted the file.

My teacher requested that I change the "Lehmann" in the document to an
"l.". He said it was a rule. After he refused to understand that this
rule was stupid when I told him that my name is mentioned on literally
hundreds of HTML files around the web, I grudgingly removed the
"ehmann" and put a note at the bottom stating that my name had been
censored but could still be obtained by looking up my Contact handle
with network solutions, and provided a link for doing so.

The teacher still wasn't happy. I finally put my full name in an HTML
comment. That shut him up :).

This is definately an angle of censorship I have never experienced
before: forced anotimity. Any thoughts?

Aaron "L."