[linux-elitists] Re: Mosaic features lost

Alisdair McDiarmid alisdair@wasters.org
Mon Sep 18 13:27:29 PDT 2000

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 11:34:07PM -0700, Heather wrote:

> > > I tend to use w3m -- it's a bit more useful with complex page layout
> > > than lynx.  I also have problems with lynx's default color schemes under
> > > X -- does someone have a color scheme which is actually readable?
> >
> > All together now: "Give links a try". Lynx keybindings, better layout than
> > w3m, proper frames support, background downloading etc. etc. etc.
>
> Yeah, but I haven't seen it with SSL yet, so my day to day browser is still
> lynx-ssl.

Apparently someone made a patch for links SSL support. It's available
from the links download directory:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/download/unofficial_patches/

I haven't tried it myself, and it appears to be quite old (April
2000). It might work though.
--
Alisdair McDiarmid
[http://wasters.org/pubkey.asc       perl -i.mac -p -e 's/\r/\n/smg;']