[linux-elitists] Re: Mosaic features lost

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Sep 18 00:15:51 PDT 2000

Heather writes:

 > Yeah, but I haven't seen it with SSL yet, so my day to day browser is still
 > lynx-ssl.

Seriously, all the proprietary features and JavaScript and
Java-contaminated websites are becoming extremely tedious. Is there a
Holy Circle of Uncorruptible Web Standard Watchers, or something?

One clearly has to build a new web, and by the nature of the thing it
has to be done by a core group of permanent 2-3 people. Even then it
will be hard enough to keep the weasels out on the long run.