[linux-elitists] Re: Mosaic features lost

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Sun Sep 17 23:34:07 PDT 2000

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 12:05:44PM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > > Now if I could get a console-mode browser, which only endeavored to be
> > > *mildly* graphical, I could much more enjoy my surfing;
> >
> > I tend to use w3m -- it's a bit more useful with complex page layout
> > than lynx.  I also have problems with lynx's default color schemes under
> > X -- does someone have a color scheme which is actually readable?
>
> All together now: "Give links a try". Lynx keybindings, better layout than
> w3m, proper frames support, background downloading etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, but I haven't seen it with SSL yet, so my day to day browser is still
lynx-ssl.

* Heather * You can do this in a number of ways.  IBM chose to do all of them.
            Why do you find that funny?  -- D. Taylor, Computer Science 350