[linux-elitists] Re: Mosaic features lost

Adam Sampson azz@gnu.org
Sat Sep 16 10:18:21 PDT 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 12:05:44PM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> > Now if I could get a console-mode browser, which only endeavored to be
> > *mildly* graphical, I could much more enjoy my surfing;
>
> I tend to use w3m -- it's a bit more useful with complex page layout
> than lynx.  I also have problems with lynx's default color schemes under
> X -- does someone have a color scheme which is actually readable?

All together now: "Give links a try". Lynx keybindings, better layout than
w3m, proper frames support, background downloading etc. etc. etc.

--

Adam "http://freshmeat.net/search.php3?query=links" Sampson
azz@gnu.org