[linux-elitists] freezing system state

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 14 06:28:52 PDT 2000

W. Reilly Cooley, Esq. writes:

 > Funny you should ask... A new application called "Partition Image" came
 > across Freshmeat just yesterday.  I haven't looked at it, but that's
 > what its supposed to do.

Nope, it only does http://freshmeat.net/projects/partimage/

Partition Image is a Linux/UNIX uility similar to Symantec's Ghost. It
can save and restore a (compressed) image file of partitions in the
ext2fs, ReiserFS, FAT16/32 ,or NTFS file systems. The image file can
optionally be split into multiple files so they can be copied on
multiple discs.

But: