[linux-elitists] Re: Mosaic features lost

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Sep 13 12:02:46 PDT 2000

> On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 08:42:09AM -0700, Heather wrote:
> >
> > Now if I could get a console-mode browser, which only endeavored to be
> > *mildly* graphical, I could much more enjoy my surfing;  it's my opinion
> > that between X and NS I might as well be a pedestrian on the infohypeway,
> > DSL or not.  Sadly it looks like Arachne is a long way off if ever, and
> > Opera is almost certainly X based.  But, if anybody wants to accept a
> > specification... we could probably start with the 'links' code.  Or we
> > could try for a GUI wrapper around lynx?  hmm.
>
> I wish Netscape would move the options for "Auto Load Images" back onto
> the menu bar where it's easily accessible like in v3 (except this time
> don't put those stupid icons in place), and bring back 'Load Images'
> and possibly also an easy way to toggle Java and JavaScript on and off...

Yes, I would enjoy it greatly if the menus and menubar were reconfigurable
in the style which people have been led to expect in word processors and
spreadsheets.

* Heather * The test of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.
                -- Aldo Leopold