[linux-elitists] Re: Mosaic features lost

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Sep 13 10:00:27 PDT 2000

>     >> Actually, what *did* Mosaic offer in this regard?
>
> -snip-
>
>     Heather> I can't get either effect with "modern technology".
>
> If you have a look at Mozilla, there is a file called html.css that
> defines the default styles used.  You could either hack this file, or
> else override the rules as appropriate in user.css (Can't recall where
> Moz looks for this).  I'm not sure how to get Mozilla to use your
> styles in preference to ones provided by the page, though.
>
> Paul.

Pretty bloody useless if you can set 'em but not use 'em.  And a bit
of a PITA if you have to chase down the option names.

Well, I suppose I'll take another look soon.  But I fairly grumpy that
*all* of the graphical browsers are crashy.

* Heather * "The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty.  You might want
             to mug someone with it." -- M. Devine, Computer Science 340