Netscape X resources (was Re: [linux-elitists] O'Reilly and Winer: both sons of bitches)

Tue Sep 12 17:55:41 PDT 2000

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 12:12:40AM +0100, Paul J Collins (sneakums@eircom.net) wrote:

>     kmself> Note that there doesn't appear to be any difference in
>     kmself> sizeIncrement settings from about 5 to 0 -- the
>     kmself> granularity is fairly coarse.
>
>     kmself> Anyone know equivalent configurations for Mozilla?
>
> I find that Mozilla gives excellent on-screen results using TrueType
> fonts (unfortunately, if you use TrueType fonts, you are technically
> running non-free software) and a dpi setting of 96.  The odd page
> still comes up uncomfortably small, so I just use the View / Text Size
> menu as needed, which isn't very often.

I'm using TT -- Garamond at default (probably 12 points) and Courier New
at 11.  I've attached my Netscape resources as it may have some fun
stuff in it for people -- or I could learn what to add next.

> There is also a setting under fonts that lets you force your own
> fonts; I don't know if this locks the size as well as the family and
> weight.

Nope -- not size.  Just family.  Really fucking pisses me off.
Especially when my own fsckin company fscks with fonts on its own
fscking webpages.  O'Reilly's doing it too, though.  Scoop allows you to
fuck when you want, or abstain.  Hmmm.  Maybe Scoop needs a
WebCondom....