Netscape X resources (was Re: [linux-elitists] O'Reilly and Winer: both sons of bitches)

Paul J Collins sneakums@eircom.net
Tue Sep 12 16:12:40 PDT 2000

    kmself> Note that there doesn't appear to be any difference in
    kmself> sizeIncrement settings from about 5 to 0 -- the
    kmself> granularity is fairly coarse.

    kmself> Anyone know equivalent configurations for Mozilla?

I find that Mozilla gives excellent on-screen results using TrueType
fonts (unfortunately, if you use TrueType fonts, you are technically
running non-free software) and a dpi setting of 96.  The odd page
still comes up uncomfortably small, so I just use the View / Text Size
menu as needed, which isn't very often.

There is also a setting under fonts that lets you force your own
fonts; I don't know if this locks the size as well as the family and
weight.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD