Netscape X resources (was Re: [linux-elitists] O'Reilly and Winer: both sons of bitches)

Tue Sep 12 16:01:44 PDT 2000

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 03:33:31PM -0700, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> Web cage bout!
> http://tim.oreillynet.com/stories/storyReader$70
> http://scriptingnews.userland.com/backIssues/2000/08/29
>
> They let anybody put up these "weblog" things. I say it needs to
> stop. (But not before I finish my nifty weblog-looking archivator
> for this list.)
>
> Here's a Netscape tip for those of you who would like text to come out
> at a reasonable size instead of smallified because a certain proprietary
> OS vendor got font sizes wrong and all the pixel-pushing weenies decided
> to compensate. Put this in .Xdefaults:
>
> ! Curse all bastard web designers who think they know my font preferences
> ! better than me
> Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement:   2
> Netscape*documentFonts.maximumPoints: 24

I knew about the sizeIncrement resource, but not maximumPoints, thanks.

There *doesn't* appear to be a 'minimumPoints' analog, unfortunately, as
that's my principle bitch about most current webpages.

Note that there doesn't appear to be any difference in sizeIncrement
settings from about 5 to 0 -- the granularity is fairly coarse.

Anyone know equivalent configurations for Mozilla?