[linux-elitists] advocacy ad hoc

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Mon Sep 11 15:51:31 PDT 2000

(hope I'm not offending anyone who can't take the heat.)

So what we have here is an evolutionist vs. creationist issue.  Where the
open coders are evolutionists (creating things that work in their local niche,
then releasing them "into the wild" to be accepted and/or remolded) and the
"established engineers" are creationists, accepting the rules of the Good
Books.

Lots of play with these analogies is possible, including the questions of
mistranslation or misapplications of Good Book practices to result in "holy"
code but unusable products, and knowing that just because we can get faster
mutations to the better does not mean that all "evolved" products are any
good, either.

Ooo a balanced argument!  I ought to get flame broiled by multiple angles
for being insufficiently elitist - teehee

* Heather *  Remember, God could only create the world in 6 days because he
             didn't have an established user base.