[linux-elitists] advocacy blurb

Greg KH greg@wirex.com
Mon Sep 11 16:00:27 PDT 2000

Ah, but you forgot to add the whole "and it doesn't have a built in
kernel debugger, so how are "serious" developers supposed to be able to
contribute to the code" pointless argument.  (the answer is, if you
really need a debugger, go get the patches, and quit your whining.)

Just remember, there are a whole lot of people who fit into the "I'm a
real software engineer, and you must do it my way category," who are
just suddenly realizing that they might have to pay attention to Linux.

And they are scared out of their britches.  I know, I've been talking to
a lot of them over the past 8 months :)

So to combat the fact that they are getting schooled by "non
professionals" they lash out with these kind of arguments.

I agree, it's going to be an interesting 6 months ahead of us.

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com