[linux-elitists] declaw the CueCat

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Fri Sep 8 08:49:11 PDT 2000

> Interesting -- that is not the same cue cat hardware you get here in the
> bay area. The PCB design looks a lot less polished.

You inspired me to open up mine; it looks just like the one in the web page
Don pointed out.  But, then, we're used to getting "less polished" stuff
here in Colorado.

But, of course, if you have the source to the software, why would you
bother hacking the serial number out of the hardware?  Random number
generators have their uses...  But I forget, that's somebody else's
intellectual property...

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net