[linux-elitists] Forbidden knowledge! The secret number is 67!

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Wed Sep 6 18:04:55 PDT 2000

Don Marti wrote:

> begin  Rusty Foster quotation of Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 04:07:06PM -0700:
>
> > PS: about #2, there is no intellectual property involved in this
> > dispute, so I find it doubtful that the attempts at suppression will be
> > successful.
>
> The lawyer who wrote the threatening letter used that same term,
> "intellectual property." Sounds like he's desparately looking through
> the law books for a "hey, you kids, stop that" law he can cite.

I don't know about you all, but I'd be rather ashamed to admit that the
whole of my intellectual property was "XOR 67". That's kind of the IP
equivalent of living in a van down by the river isn't it?

--R
    Rusty Foster            "Right now the main Perl competitor is
  rusty@kuro5hin.org         JavaScript, although there is also
  rusty@opensales.org        noticeable competition from PHP as well"
http://www.kuro5hin.org      --Dr Nikolai Bezroukov, Softpanorama.org