[linux-elitists] beer, witchcraft

Greg KH greg@wirex.com
Wed Oct 25 11:06:52 PDT 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 10:43:07PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> In case you're curious, my best guess is that Red Hat shipped
> a pre-release gcc to fix C++ issues, most likely for big-money
> services customers. C++, by the way, is pronounced "ka-ching!"
> http://noframes.linuxjournal.com/articles/misc/0028.html

I'd say that's probably a pretty good guess.
Where I work, we're wrestling with the same issue (ship the looney gcc
and glibc that RedHat did in 7.0, or do something sane) for our version
of a Linux distro.

Hopefully we did the "sane" thing, but we'll see... At least we're
compatible with the LDPS :)

greg k-h

--
greg@(kroah|wirex).com