[linux-elitists] (from Pigdog) Feuerstein on Oracle

Aleksandar Radulovic alexr@mmedia.is
Tue Oct 24 19:53:11 PDT 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 02:10:13PM -0700, Mr.Bad wrote:

> I'm amazed y'all get your own top-level domain and such. Like, I'd
> think folks would just say, "We're lumping you, and all those other
> Scandanavian countries, and like Belorus and Moldova into .ob
> (obscure). Oh, and Tchad. And Myanmar. They're all going in there,
> too."

How's this for obscure:

[alexr@snowball ~]$ grep Cox /etc/passwd
alan.cox:x:9439:9439:Alan Cox:/home/hopar/fom/bre/alan.cox:/shells/bash
[alexr@snowball ~]$ finger alan.cox
Login: alan.cox                         Name: Alan Cox
Directory: /home/hopar/fom/bre/alan.cox Shell: /shells/bash
Never logged in.
No mail.
No Plan.
[alexr@snowball ~]$ last alan.cox -n 10

wtmp begins Wed Oct 25 02:35:55 2000
[alexr@snowball ~]$

// just so you don't jump up saying this is a fake, the wtmp logs are
// stored in a mysql database every hour (so there is no use of last)

Alan Cox openned account on my system last year when he was here at
some Linux Convention. He dialed in to check his mail and stuff.

The reason why he openned account at my company is - Linux. We use it.
Much. Very much. And we are advocating it, too.. Very much.

Back to the email - do you have a cell phone? What kind is it?
And that is just one tiny example (regarding Scandinavian countries)..

Are you one of those independence-day-is-the-best-movie-ever show-them-cowboy
types?

Scandinavian countries gave us good, free things - think Linux.
Where does Microsoft comes from?

I think that this kind of words you use are not fair, at least.

If I offended in any way anybody on this list, I appologize.
But this macho "we are cool, all of you are lame" attitude is
really anoying me.

Regards,
--
Aleksandar Radulovic