[linux-elitists] (from Pigdog) Feuerstein on Oracle

Aleksandar Radulovic alexr@mmedia.is
Tue Oct 24 12:36:23 PDT 2000

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 11:41:13AM -0700, Mr.Bad wrote:

>     PJC> Three point five.
>
> That's IT? THREE POINT FIVE MILLION!?  Jeezy louisy, as they say in
> France! That's not a COUNTRY, that's attendance at a NASCAR rally, for
> crying out loud! There's more people than that in the Greater Memphis
> TN metropolitan area, and do you ever hear about them? No!

Hm. I live in Iceland, which has arround 270 thousand people. But,
the country is technically more advanced than any other country in
the world. Also, the standard of living is far more better than
anywhere else.

For example, digital TV will be introduced the following year.
We already have ADSL everywhere, and also FiberOptic cable network
is due to be finished by the end of the year (for providing TV, Internet,
phones and prettymuch everything else possible to every home).
My company will soon be doing probe tests on that technology, which
means mirroring of pretty much anything worthwile from home will be
eeeeeeasy.

Also, the Internet bandwidth per-capita is far bigger than anywhere
else :o)

And the new (and advanced) mobile phone network will be tested here
very soon.

So, it's not about the quantity, it's about quality.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards, alex.
--
Aleksandar Radulovic