[linux-elitists] ah, the clueless seek clues at last

Heather star@starshine.org
Mon Oct 23 12:05:05 PDT 2000

This was in my infoworld scoop on the 19th, which of course, I didn't
get to read til I got back from my weekend trip.

Read, enjoy, speak up, etc.  viva la clue-by-four.

- -- -- -- - clipping - -- -- -- -
APPEALS COURT SEEKS TECHNOLOGY HELP IN MICROSOFT CASE

Posted at October 19, 2000 11:57 AM Pacific

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The U.S. Court of Appeals judges
who will consider Microsoft's appeal of the order to
break up the company are looking at holding a special,
if not unusual, hearing designed to give the panel a
basic education on computers before it tackles the
technical issues raised by the landmark antitrust case.

The appeals court Wednesday issued an order notifying
Microsoft and the U.S. Department of Justice that it
wants to bring in Michael Hites, chief technology
officer at the Illinois Institute of Technology, in
Chicago, to conduct "a review session on the
fundamentals of automation." The judges proposed a
Nov. 14 date for the hearing and gave the two sides in
the case until next Wednesday to respond to the idea.

For the full story:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/00/10/19/001019hnmsdojhear.xml?1020frap

* Heather * Universe, n.: The problem.