[linux-elitists] (from Pigdog) Feuerstein on Oracle

Paul J Collins sneakums@eircom.net
Fri Oct 20 10:21:02 PDT 2000

    Eugene> Please tell me, why is Oracle evil? I might have to use it
    Eugene> in my next job.

Ignoring for the moment that Oracle is not free software, I suppose
the reason it is considered evil is that it is such a pig to get
working well.  The reason for this is that the default configuration
seems calculated to screw you up.  For some good Oracle lore, peruse:

http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/oracle-tips/

        (Read the comments at the bottom of this one;
         very illuminating.)

http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/oracle-fault-tolerance/

I'm sure there was an article on ASJ about fixing Oracle's default
configuration, but I can't seem to find it now.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD