[linux-elitists] burnallmp3s.org

Aaron T Porter atporter@primate.net
Wed Oct 18 12:46:26 PDT 2000

On 18 Oct 2000, Paul J Collins wrote:

> A bit longer.  Quite a bit, in fact.  When I was reencoding my MP3s, I
> found that oggenc was taking approximately 1.5-2.0 times real time to
> encode, and that was on a PII-450.  On a P-200, it will take somewhat
> longer.

	So, figuring 1mb per minute is 36000 minutes of music. If we
	assume that oggenc takes 2x realtime on a p2-450 and assume
	(generously) that a p200 is half as fast as the p2, we're looking
	at 144000 minutes, or roughly 100 days. Realistically, it'd be
	more like 150-175 days, since my old-school p200 is less than half
	as fast as the p2-450 and it also does some other work on the net.