[linux-elitists] burnallmp3s.org

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Tue Oct 17 19:15:06 PDT 2000

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 05:52:52PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> So...it looks like we will soon have an opportunity to use
> burnallmp3s.org. The patenteers smell money in streaming mp3:
> http://mp3licensing.com/royalty/broadcast.html

Any relation to the other Moffitt? ;-)

I have about 4gb of MP3 files now, and unlike GIF->PNG the MPG->Vorbis
conversion process is not lossless. Oh yeah, and I can't be bothered
with physical media. Maybe we need a script that tries to find
Ogg-encoded replacements for a song collection on OpenNap or Gnutella.