[linux-elitists] (forw) About that MAPS lawsuit

Heather star@starshine.org
Tue Oct 17 11:41:54 PDT 2000

> > > Gender! Gender! It's a social interaction, not a biological one ;P
> >
> > When Aaron the Trollmastuh objected that "Gentlemen" is insufficiently
> > inclusive, he was talking biology, m'dear.
> >
> > Of late, many have become shy about using the word "sex" in its correct
> > sense referring to biological (as opposed to social) distinctions,
> > preferring instead to brain-damage the otherwise useful term "gender".
> > I am not among them.
>
> There are those of us who, for whatever reasons, including possibly (or
> at least reasonably plausibly) an over-exposure to social research
> and/or demographic data, are confused when presented with the word "sex"
> and have to parse whether it's a qualitative or quantitative metric.

"yes" is sufficient answer to both metrics... and even if they desire further
details, there are fairly few cases where either one is any of their business.

* Heather * On some machines "any" was mislabled as "power"
            We apologise for any inconvience this may have caused.