[linux-elitists] Opera beta for linux available

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Sun Oct 8 16:32:57 PDT 2000

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Adam Sampson wrote:

> There are also a couple of "tiny Smalltalk"s floating around; I've
> been considering porting one to the Palm so I've got something decent
> to develop on that doesn't require me to write _loads_ of parentheses.
> ;)

I've long considered Smalltalk such a bloated language that I think I'll
actually have to check one of these out -- for curiosity value if nothing
else. It does have a lot of runtime overhead (being late bound) though.

"More damage has been caused by innocent program crashes than by
malicious viruses, but they don't make great stories."
                   --  Jean-Louis Gassee, Be Newsletter, Issue 69