[linux-elitists] Opera beta for linux available

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Sun Oct 8 11:06:57 PDT 2000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> Smalltalk's concept was to have an entire operating environment rolled in
> as a part of the language and, when saving code, you're actually saving
> the state of the environment.
>
> Needless to say, this has mondo overhead. Some of the more recent

damn editing. :)

...some of the more recent Smalltalk interpreters have not included a
whole environment. Digitalk was the most commercially successful of same,
but now that they've been acquired by (spit) ParcPlace, I have no idea
what's happened.

"More damage has been caused by innocent program crashes than by
malicious viruses, but they don't make great stories."
                   --  Jean-Louis Gassee, Be Newsletter, Issue 69