[linux-elitists] Opera beta for linux available

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Fri Oct 6 13:55:00 PDT 2000

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Eugene Leitl wrote:

> Eiffel, schmeiffel. All these language wars/fashions make me sick.
> They've should have stuck to Lisp.

Yes, then they could have shot themselves in ANY body part. Recursively
even.

> We'd be working with successors of Lisp machines after two decades of
> evolution, instead of clunky PC boxes. Even without that evolution, a
> Lisp machine environment from mid 1980s does look rather modern.

::snort::

> In fact, we're arguably regressing. If Lisp had any community, I'd be
> sticking to Lisp instead of the Python/C thing.

You know, why don't you start one? That way, us Python fans wouldn't have
to listen to the Lisp weenies whine all the time. You too could submit
patches to Emacs. The rest of us could use more fun functional languages
like ML when we feel pressed to do so.

I'd be hard-pressed to name a language I like less than Lisp.
I think I even prefer Visual Basic, and that's saying something.

"More damage has been caused by innocent program crashes than by
malicious viruses, but they don't make great stories."
                   --  Jean-Louis Gassee, Be Newsletter, Issue 69