[linux-elitists] Opera beta for linux available

Eugene Leitl eugene.leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 6 12:43:47 PDT 2000

Mr.Bad writes:

 > Oh, please. Writing Eiffel code is like spending months designing,
 > building and testing intricately-detailed kevlar socks for yourself
 > just on the outside chance that you might shoot yourself in the
 > foot. Then, when you're done, you shoot yourself in the elbow.

Eiffel, schmeiffel. All these language wars/fashions make me
sick. They've should have stuck to Lisp. We'd be working with
successors of Lisp machines after two decades of evolution, instead of
clunky PC boxes. Even without that evolution, a Lisp machine
environment from mid 1980s does look rather modern. In fact, we're
arguably regressing. If Lisp had any community, I'd be sticking to
Lisp instead of the Python/C thing.