[linux-elitists] Opera beta for linux available

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Oct 6 12:57:57 PDT 2000

begin  Dan Wilder quotation:

> Too bad Eiffel's going noplace fast.  Or maybe it'll get a second
> wind, now that Bertrand Meyer and his company, Interactive Software
> Engineering, has signed on, lock stock and barrel, to Microsoft's
> .NET initiative.

Aha.  This explains a great deal, and makes me all the more delighted
that I eviscerated the argument he made in "The Ethics of Free Software"
(http://www.sdmagazine.com/articles/2000/0003/0003d/0003d.htm), -- in a
Software Development Magazine feedback forum that they now appear to
have deleted and replaced with an even worse one, stripping all the
existing reader feedback.

Meyer participated in the Slashdot discussion at the time, and ignored
all the more salient criticisms, responding only to the trivial ones.

--
Cheers,                   "Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm
Rick Moen                 for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he will be warm