[linux-elitists] Galeon is getting good

Heather star@starshine.org
Thu Oct 5 08:51:30 PDT 2000

> Jonathan Corbet writes:
>
>  > For me, the ability to quickly, temporarily zoom a page is a great thing,
>  > and not bloat.
>

> Wouldn't this be better solved with a desktop loupe function? Of
> course the blown up font would be pure jaggies...

Well, I have to admit I don't use xzoom, I simply have about 15 different
pixel resolutions set up on betel's monitor.  This a trifle small?  ctrl+

Honestly, sites that think the itty bitty text are what they want, tend
to also have itty bitty text in their image maps and so on.  So the whole
thing needs zooming, not just a small area of the page.

I still like the minimax font limits idea - but would prefer my lost Mosaic
feature :(  "font size 7" huh?  Hows about 14 point copperplate, that's a nice
browser.

* Heather * And it should be the law: If you use the word `paradigm' without
            knowing what the dictionary says it means, you go to jail.  No
            exceptions.  -- David Jones