[linux-elitists] Galeon is getting good

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed Oct 4 19:30:52 PDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 08:23:01PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> However, I think you misunderstand the needs of some of your potential
> users.  I have my font size set the way I like it; it works just fine until
> some web page author starts dinking around with the <font> tag.  If I set
> my font size to legibly render those peoples' output, I end up reading just
> about everything else in the Large Print Edition.
>
> For me, the ability to quickly, temporarily zoom a page is a great thing,

It sounds like the people that design some web pages don't understand
the needs of their users ;-).

I wouldn't oppose a preference that ignored the designer's font
choices in favor of your own, possibly more sane preferences. But
SkipStone is still in its infancy and I think it needs to work better
in general areas before it has good management over cookies, settings,
etc. I just sent in a patch for a Find dialog last week!