[linux-elitists] Galeon is getting good

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Wed Oct 4 19:23:01 PDT 2000

> SkipStone is a web browser with no GNOME shit, no CORBA shit, no
> bloatware zoom-in features shit, and no nonsense.
>
> People keep asking me to add Galeon's zooming support into SkipStone.
> I think it's quite silly. If their fonts are set so that pages are
> illegible, they should simply change the font size.

Seems worth looking into, I'll check it out.

However, I think you misunderstand the needs of some of your potential
users.  I have my font size set the way I like it; it works just fine until
some web page author starts dinking around with the <font> tag.  If I set
my font size to legibly render those peoples' output, I end up reading just
about everything else in the Large Print Edition.

For me, the ability to quickly, temporarily zoom a page is a great thing,
and not bloat.

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net