[linux-elitists] Galeon is getting good

Aaron Lehmann aaronl@vitelus.com
Wed Oct 4 18:10:06 PDT 2000

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 04:49:11PM -0600, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> I recall there was talk here recently about dealing with web pages that
> employ microscopic fonts.  Such pages have always been a pet peeve of mine
> (getting old, you see), so I just had to exclaim with joy when Galeon 0.7.6
> popped up with a "zoom" blank on the button bar.  My days of squinting at
> web pages are done.  Why couldn't it have always been this way?
>
> Galeon has reached that critical mass point.  The functionality works, and
> people can start scratching itches in a big way.  I'm most pleased.  I've
> not removed netscape off my system quite yet, but that day is approaching.

SkipStone is SO much better. How can people say that Galeon is light
when it uses an entire desktop environment?

SkipStone is a web browser with no GNOME shit, no CORBA shit, no
bloatware zoom-in features shit, and no nonsense.

People keep asking me to add Galeon's zooming support into SkipStone.
I think it's quite silly. If their fonts are set so that pages are
illegible, they should simply change the font size.

http://www.muhri.net/skipstone/

Aaron Lehmann