[linux-elitists] Galeon is getting good

Jonathan Corbet corbet-elite@lwn.net
Wed Oct 4 15:49:11 PDT 2000

I recall there was talk here recently about dealing with web pages that
employ microscopic fonts.  Such pages have always been a pet peeve of mine
(getting old, you see), so I just had to exclaim with joy when Galeon 0.7.6
popped up with a "zoom" blank on the button bar.  My days of squinting at
web pages are done.  Why couldn't it have always been this way?

Galeon has reached that critical mass point.  The functionality works, and
people can start scratching itches in a big way.  I'm most pleased.  I've
not removed netscape off my system quite yet, but that day is approaching.

jon

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net
corbet@lwn.net