[linux-elitists] Hippie thought police

Joseph E. Arruda [zeruch] z@valinux.com
Wed Nov 29 14:38:18 PST 2000

Don Marti wrote:

> You can get your ass sued just for "participating and encouraging the
> international unauthorized copying and distribution of musical sound
> recordings by speaking positively of DEFENDANT NAPSTER, INC."
>
> Speaking positively?

Never attribute malice to what can be adequately explained as
pure-unfiltered-idiocy.

> Famed San Francisco music producer Matthew Katz (he worked with
> Jefferson Airplane) is suing Fred Durst of Limp Bizkit and Roger McGuinn
> of The Byrds for "speaking positively" on a Napster promotional tour.
>
> A bad OCR of the complaint is at:
> http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/gramophone/873/mkvnap.txt

Matthew Katz (if I recall correctly) has himself been pretty much living
in obscurity since his days working with JA and Quicksilver Messenger
Service.  He is probably too saturated with LSD to know he is being a
dork of the first order.

> All together now...California Uber Alles!

That was a great Dead Kennedy's tune (but the Disposable Heroes of
Hiphoprisy did it better)

--
Joseph E. Arruda		|	www.valinux.com
Corporate Alchemist		|	sourceforge.net