[linux-elitists] elite imapd?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Fri Nov 10 18:08:23 PST 2000

I did an apt-get install imap and got Debian's "default" imapd working
with no fuss, since it looks for standard un*x mailboxes in the user's
home directory, and I have standard un*x mailboxes in $HOME/Mail.
Easy. Of course I did the hosts.allow thing to only allow access from
localhost, and use it over an ssh tunnel. Works great; much faster than
ssh-ing in.

Here's the question. It turns out to be copyright by the University of
Washington. Does using UW software make me lame? Is courier-imap more
elite?

--
Don Marti                                This email brought to you
dmarti@zgp.org                           by the number 67 and the