[linux-elitists] Fixing rsync over ssh

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue May 23 13:17:45 PDT 2000

Two people thus far have elected to ask me _in private e-mail_
the following:

> Do you know if this bug exists in open_ssh?

(What's with the private e-mail, guys?  You shy?)

Here's what I wrote to the first such fellow:

Excellent question.  I've been wondering that, myself.

OpenSSH is a fork from Ylonen's SSH v. 1.2.12.  At that point,
the codebase needed this fix.  However, what I don't know is whether the
OpenSSH guys came up with the fix's equivalent in their subsequent
development.

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                           Fac me cocleario vomere.