[linux-elitists] DMCA Protest

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed May 17 11:45:23 PDT 2000

begin  Rusty Foster quotation of Wed, May 17, 2000 at 01:57:29AM -0400:

> If anyone is planning to take pictures or notes, I'd love to see a
> report on the event posted to kuro5hin. Please contact me
> (rusty@kuro5hin.org) if you have any questions, need/want space to host
> pictures, or whatever.

I'll post it all on zgp.org and send out the URL to linux-elitists --
feel free to cover it on kuro5hin, and that goes for all you other
news and meta-news mongers on this list too.

Last minute details:

1. I don't have the info on the EFF press conference yet.  Am fully
   prepared to Wing It.

2. List members, please spread the word. Elitesse oblige.

3. Parking at Stanford is going to be a bitch.  See you on the
   shuttle bus.

4. If you need me tomorrow I'll have my cell phone: 408-621-7076.

ObRandomElitism:
The protest web site is linked to from slashdot.org.
zgp.org's load average: 0.04, 0.03, 0.02
What is this "Slashdot effect" of which people speak?

Corporate Clue Award:
The fastest "This is k3wl" to "This is a new product"
time in the Linux market goes to...IB-fuckin-M! for the
41,000-virtual-Linux-boxes-o-tron. They didn't even have time
to print up the "41,000-virtual-Linux-boxes-o-tron" nameplates,
so they're just calling it an "S/390 running Linux" for now.
http://www.vnunet.com/News/1101348

Peace and Linux.  See you all at Stanford.

--
Don Marti
dmarti@zgp.org