[linux-elitists] Image blocking coverup?

Ben Woodard ben@valinux.com
Tue May 9 15:15:44 PDT 2000

So guys do you buy the current story from AOL/Netscape that the
removal/ofucication of the feature was not ordered by mgmt?

I personally think that we did the most important thing and that was
to send a signal to the mozilla community within netscape that this
feature is important to us. BTW it was my plan to implement the
feature before I discovered that it already existed.

BTW The discussion on the advogato misses the point in my opinion. It
is not about content theft. Does anyone know how to post a comment to
their discussion? There are three things I'd like to bring up:

1) In the TV world, is channel surfing during commercials considered
content theft? What about going to the bathroom during the commercial break?

2) I really don't have a lot of problems with advertisements however,
I do get really upset with cross site tracking and web bugs.

3) I think that the important thing about this dialog is that it
brings the capability to do half decent filtering to the masses.

-ben