[linux-elitists] Introduction to Licensing, Part I: Unix vs. *n*x

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Wed May 3 00:10:11 PDT 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> On Wed, 3 May 2000, Jay Sulzberger wrote:
>

> > http://freenet.sourceforge.net
>
> Dr. Dre and Metallica are writing the test suites for freenet.

Of course, Dr. Dre and Metallica are not doing this for nothing.  In
exchange, millions of people around the world will download and listen
carefully to their music.  These are people who would never listen to Dre
and Metallica's music, and they will download it and listen to it only
because they want to show how they feel about the generous work of the two
bands in spending millions of dollars and months of their time on the test
suites.

oo--JS.