[linux-elitists] (forw) Re: Sendmail v. Qmail

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Mar 24 12:08:04 PST 2000

> On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

Rick >>> Flaming asshole, eh?  The corporate-moron quoting style fits, too.

Deirdre >> Well, I think I'm going to cross LWN off my news list as a reliable
        >> source.
        > I obviously needed > 11 hours of sleep. <conk>
        >
        > I mean *LinuxPlanet* -- not that they're any great shakes. They DO
        > have original content, but it's not worth the effort.

Perhaps a note to their Feedback team to this effect would be worthwhile.
At least as a show of "when you're stupid - there ARE consequences."  (You
can quote me.)

They probably won't care, but it will be a pleasant moment to think that
someone is actually "losing" their subscription base.

Hmm, maybe I can have Jim bring up the case of abusing "open source" this
broadly in TAG this month.  It's about the right time of week ;)

Now, regarding LWN, they've had a slip up here and there, but generally
try.  If you want to whack them about something, slap around their ads method.
Because of its tweak for relocate/pass-through, some portion of the time you
get dragged through but not passed on - so you end up at an ad ONLY.  Also
(big surprise) Netscape is sometimes allergic to the behavior and dumps out.

Flaming netscape is rather like whining about the "food" when eating at
Denny's.

* Heather *
Decisions of the judges will be final unless shouted down by a really
overwhelming majority of the crowd present.  Abusive and obscene
language may not be used by contestants when addressing members of the
judging panel, or, conversely, by members of the judging panel when
addressing contestants (unless struck by a boomerang).
		-- Mudgeeraba Creek Emu-Riding and Boomerang-Throwing
		   Assoc.