[linux-elitists] Linuxstammtisch

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Mar 23 11:50:37 PST 2000

> Quoting Heather (star@betelgeuse.starshine.org):
>
> > You keep holding these things on Wednesday, the chances are moderately
> > slim that I'll be there very often...
> >
> > It's fairly easy to get rides to/fro Grand Central Starport, less so the
> > stammtisch.
>
> Sorry about that, but we had to pick a day that works for most people
> (which usually means Tu, We, or Th) that doesn't overlap lots of
> competing events.  Fourth Wednesdays seemed our best bet -- and this one
> (the second to occur in Mountain View) was in fact very well attended,
> with a good mix of interesting Linux and BSD people.

Yeah, well okay - my Wednesday are mostly booked, but sometimes double
booked even without this - Mondays used to be free for me, but I've just
this week assigned them to going over to the Savitsky's to run "Linux
Learner" sessions - entirely informal, get people who are not really
computer oriented into the basic assumptions, thence the plain user
aspects and fun of Linux.

* Heather