[linux-elitists] Microsoft alienating MCSEs

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Mar 15 17:02:47 PST 2000

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 04:11:18PM -0800, Heather wrote:

> ob elite: when returning from my flight to L.A., Jim and I brought 4 (yeah you
> heard me, 4) laptops through the security gate.  No problem, didn't even stop
> and make us open them.  Some woman with an iBook was asked to stop and had to
> demo "what kind of device that is".  So... did the droid do it because they
> really have never seen an iBook nor even a commercial for one, or because they
> see PC laptops all the time, but wanted to see an iBook shown off? :)

At one airport in the heartland, a security guards searched my bag
so he could play with my Leatherman tool.  (That was when Leatherman
tools were still elite.)

--
Don Marti                Join the Great American GAS OUT.  Do not buy
dmarti@zgp.org            any gas from April 7, 2000 to April 7, 2002