[linux-elitists] Re: the idiots are coming!

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 13 12:18:16 PST 2000

Quoting Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly (dmarti@zgp.org):

> What about the problem of non-root viruses that only trash an individual
> user's files, or read the user's mail to compose convincing "please
> run the attached program" mail to others?

I address that in the immediately-preceding, companion-piece essay,
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#virus

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association