[linux-elitists] Re: the idiots are coming!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Mar 13 12:06:04 PST 2000

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 11:54:39AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

> The promised new essay (as we discussed):
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#virus2

What about the problem of non-root viruses that only trash an individual
user's files, or read the user's mail to compose convincing "please
run the attached program" mail to others?

The problem of "virus-checking" self-modifying, self-replicating Scheme
code reminds me of a certain dialog about phonographs and records
designed to destroy same.

--
Don Marti                Join the Great American GAS OUT.  Do not buy
dmarti@zgp.org            any gas from April 7, 2000 to April 7, 2002