[linux-elitists] Fun with PNG, business news

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Jun 28 18:44:42 PDT 2000

I've been playing around with pngcrush
( http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/ )
and it's fun.  I got the size of the Burn All GIFs logo down by
10 percent.  You can probably get much more impressive results
if you try it on PNGs originally created with certain proprietary
programs that implemented "Save as PNG" but not very well.

Greg "PNG Man" Roelofs mentioned pngcrush in his article at
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/slashpng-2000.html which I got from
the ultimate portal site -- the referer log.

I talked with Michael Tiemann today, and he says all of Cygnus's
formerly proprietary products are going to be under Open Source
licenses, mostly GPL or LGPL, but X or BSD where required by upstream
code. So beaujolais to Red Hat.

Beer, tonight, Tied House, Mountain View:
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/#stammtisch

As I know many of you are ThinkPad buffs, here's today's Ditherati:

----- Forwarded message from Owen Thomas <owen@ditherati.com> -----