[linux-elitists] Hm, editor wars

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Jun 28 07:59:21 PDT 2000

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Heather wrote:
> > >     I'm an eager beneficiary counting the days until the i386's
> > > wake.
> > Wait for time_t to wrap...
>
> Speaking of which it's about a good year two late, but if anyone wants to
> put some content up on www.y2038.com, let me know.  I've had the domain
> for awhile but never put up the good y2k spoof I wanted to...

I think we can gather some good content about ALL the time foldovers that
computer OS' are in for.

Start with the thing I was obliquely referencing - once upon a time, a
certain man page had some humor in it.  It also had a warning notice, that
if you remove the humorous details you will be haunted by a daemon until
time_t wraps around.  I wouldn't have known, but someone else I read mentioned
it... and that it's gone, and he hopes they get haunted by lpd, as it's
particularly pernicious.

* Heather Stern * Ooo lookie, a firewall!  Let's cook marshmallows.