[linux-elitists] Hm, editor wars

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue Jun 27 11:35:25 PDT 2000

begin  Marc MERLIN quotation:
> However, as you  know, intel has gone  to 36 bit addressing to
> break the 4G line, instead of going to 64 bit addressing...

	My Commodore 128 had two banks of 64k RAM.  You couldn't ever
actually address it all at once, and had to waste several cycles
switching banks.

	My understanding, however, is that the i386 MMU will still
only support 4G per process.

> True, but I don't want to be the guy to patch all that OSS software
> out there :-)

	You crazy frenchman!  The Wartime OSS is now the CIA.  Get
your TLA's (Three-Letter Agencies) straight!

Pigdog.Org      - The Online Handbook for Bad People of the Future
                You are not entitled to your opinions.